Sunday, May 16, 2010

Act II: Muse Trick

Muse Trick: Welcome

Part Two....This is actually my second attempt at a blog. I created my first blog on a topic that I thought I was interested in, but turns out I didn't have enough to write about. I'm especially excited about this blog because I think it could be more beneficial to my readers as well as my subjects.

I've always been hugely impacted by all types of music. I mean, I usually don't listen to music, I experience it. Often I find myself taking in by a track to the point that I completely lose myself in the melodies. For me, though lyrics can be powerful, I find myself more engrossed in the instrumentals. I don't care what is sung (to an extent) as long as the music moves me.

Before you discount me, I do come from a music background. I played various instruments including the clarinet, bass clarinet, contra-alto clarinet, mellophone (a marching version of the french horn), tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, piano (just a bit), and guitar. I also sang for about seven years. This background helped me begin my appreciation for music.

The purpose of THIS blog is to showcase musicians beyond underground---musicians that I believe have talent that nobody has heard of. The genres that I intend to focus on are:

  1. Raw talent: impressive clips of musicians with excellent musical talent on a single instrument or voice.
  2. Folk
  3. Rock
  4. Rock Alternative
  5. Jazz
Look for posts twice a week and thanks for reading!

-Paul

1 comment: